Vea las próximas publicaciones en
The 3rd Edition of this popular work has been completely revised and updated
to bring you all of the field’s most current knowledge in an even easier-to-use
new design. Its superb combination of detailed illustrations and precise language
make even the most complicated concepts and techniques clear. Organized by body
region, each chapter begins with a review of anatomy and biomechanics; proceeds
through clinical evaluation, pathologies and related special tests; and concludes
with a discussion of on-field or initial management of specific injuries.
- New! Increased focus on evidence-based practice, including new "Practical Evidence" boxes.
- New chapter on evidence-based diagnosis.
- Updated art program includes hundreds of new photographs, new line art, and second color on the photographs to enhance palpation images.
- Text conforms to or exceeds the Athletic Training Educational Competencies.
- Distinctive boxes for each type of test, including goniometry, resisted range of motion and manual muscle tests, clinical tests, and special tests, are well-illustrated with photographs and line drawings.
- Evaluative Findings boxes summarize clinical findings for specific injuries or conditions.
- Observational Findings boxes help students to identify specific conditions or injuries.
“This is by far the most comprehensive and user-friendly text for both professor and student! I am continuing to use it in my Athletic Training Program, and beginning next year, I will institute it into my PT courses in Ortho I & II. ”—Vincent J. Hudson, MS, PT, ATC, MBA, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, review of the 2nd Edition.By Chad Starkey, PhD, ATC, Coordinator, Graduate Athletic Training, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. , Sara D. Brown, MS, ATC, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts., and Jeffrey L. Ryan, PT, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.