Vea las próximas publicaciones en
- Comprehensive revisions and updating throughout.
- 5 brand new chapters—History and Clinical Exam • Physical Therapy of Mal de Debarquement Syndrome • Compensatory Strategies for Vestibular Hypofunction • Nonvestibular Dizziness & Imbalance: From Disuse Disequilibrium to Central Degenerative Disorders • Treatment of Patients with Nonvestibular Dizziness & Disequilibrium.
- More case studies that illustrate the decision making process.
- An increased emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- In-depth coverage to facilitate thoughtful decisions about treatment and the ability to recognize what steps to take if the initial treatment does not appear to be beneficial.
- A FREE CD-ROM, bound in the book, which features 60 video clips that demonstrate normal and abnormal eye movements, gait problems, functional tests for actual treatments, and more.
Table of Contents
Anatomy and Physiology of the Normal Vestibular System
Role of Vestibular System in Postural Control
Postural Abnormalities in Vestibular Disorders
Vestibular Compensation: Clinical Changes in the Vestibular Function with Time after Unilateral Vestibular Loss
Vestibular System Disorders
II. Medical Assessment and Vestibular Function Tests
History and Clinical Examination
Vestibular Function Tests
Otolith Function Tests
III. Medical and Surgical Management
Pharmacological and Optical Methods to Treat Vestibular Disorders and Nystagmus
Migraine, Meniere's and Motion Sensitivity
Therapy of Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (MDDS)
Surgical Management of Vestibular Disorders
Psychological Problems and the Dizzy Patient
IV. Rehabilitation Assessment and Management
Physical Therapy Diagnosis for Vestibular Disorders
Physical Therapy Management of Benign Positional Vertigo
Compensatory Strategies for Vestibular-Ocular Hypofunction
Physical Therapy Assessment of Vestibular Hypofunction
Interventions for the Patient with Vestibular Hypofunction
Assessment and Treatment of Complete Vestibular Loss
Management of the Pediatric Patient with Vestibular Hypofunction
Management of the Elderly Person with Vestibular Hypofunction
Disability in Vestibular Disorders
Assessment and Management of Disorders Affecting Central Vestibular Pathways
Non-Vestibular Dizziness and Imbalance: From Disuse Disequilibrium to Central Degenerative Disorders
Assessment and Management of the Patient with Traumatic Brain Injury and Vestibular Dysfunction
Non-Vestibular Dizziness and Inbalance: Suggestions for Patients with Migraine and Mal de Débarquement
Non-Vestibular Diagnosis and Inbalance: Cervicogenic Dizziness
By Susan J. Herdman, PT, PhD, FAPTA, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia.