Vea las próximas publicaciones en
This book comprehensively reviews the current state of clinical trial methods in multiple sclerosis treatment, providing investigators, sponsors and specialists with current knowledge of outcome measures and study designs for disease and symptom management. The status of the rapidly evolving field of disease-modifying drugs is presented, with emphasis on the most promising therapies currently being tested. Experts discuss disease and symptom management for MS subtypes, including neuromyelitis optica and pediatric MS. In addition, key scientific advances in MS pathology, genetics, immunology and epidemiology are presented. The fourth edition has been extensively revised, featuring more than 50% new material. All chapters have been substantially updated to provide current information on rapidly evolving topics and this volume contains 15 new chapters, reflecting the growth of the field in recent years. This book is an essential reference for practitioners caring for MS patients, investigators planning or conducting clinical trials, and clinical trial sponsors.
- Figures are used to supplement the information presented, aiding the reader's understanding of key points
- The current status of experimental therapies is summarized, giving readers current knowledge of the most promising therapies being tested
- Contributions from international leaders in the field present a global perspective on the current state of therapeutics and developments
Table of Contents
- Part I. Introduction
- Part II. Clinical Trial Methodology
- Part III. Clinical Trials of Multiple Sclerosis Therapies
- Part IV. Therapy in Clinical Practice.